Nomadic Coffee - Cafe Manager
San Mateo, California / El Camino Real
Nomadic Coffee seeks an enthusiastic, talented and motivated restaurant/cafe leader who has one or two solid examples of building out a successful new cafe or turning around an existing low performing restaurant. How did you build a team and culture to make a space where customers relished the experience? Be part of our motivated team to build our dynamic and exciting new San Mateo location.
The Cafe Manager role involves leading a team of floor staff, baristas and chefs and overseeing the day-to-day running of the café. We are looking for someone who is passionate about customer service, great coffee and fantastic food. It’s an opportunity for you as a leader in coffee cafe culture to take the next step in your career.
Cafe Manager role includes:
• Coordinating and motivating all staff and helping to maintain the fun, coherent, professional team that we already have in place.
• Delegating appropriate responsibilities and practices to barista staff to ensure smooth flow of operations.
•Providing coaching and direction to the barista staff.
•Understanding of location and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement within the community.
• Providing exceptional customer service and fostering a friendly and positive environment.
• Remaining cool, calm and collected during busy periods and lead the entire team to ensure consistency and quality.
• Showing a keen interest in our dynamic coffee and food programs.
• Following and implementing store policies and procedures for operational flow.
• Taking responsibility to learn all aspects of the position.
• Elevating our brand throughout the community.
• Striving to complete goals for the running of the cafe.
• Helping to meet financial goals and oversee cafe expenditure to ensure budgets are being met.
• Experience managing a profitable & operationally sound single café/restaurant.
• Must maintain current state issued Food Handler Card.
• Management experience in specialty coffee, retail, hospitality and/or customer service industries is required.
• Experience with POS touch screen, Microsoft Office, Mac OS and other computer skills.
• Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the subject line “Nomadic Coffee Cafe Manager” in your email.